WordPress is the best content management system (CMS) for building a higly dynamic website and blogs. It is so popular that about 30% of entire websites of the World are now built on WordPress. In addition to that, around 70% of CMS based websites are on WordPress. This clearly shows how popular is WordPress.
WordPress has been trusted by the huge companies as well. Web sites of TechCrunch, The New Yorker, BBC America, MTV News, Sony Music, etc are made using WordPress.
What makes WordPress so popular?
- WordPress is open source CMS. This means you get it free of cost and can modify it as per your requirement.
- WordPress is very user-friendly CMS. Anyone can master it in very short time.
- WordPress is light weight. So, it takes less space on your web server.
- WordPress is very secure CMS. Besides, several security plugins are available for free which further hardens your website against security threats.
- WordPress is so flexible that you can use it to make any type of websites like the business website, portfolio, blogs, forum, social networking, and much more.
- WooCommerce plugin of WordPress has made it possible build very powerful and feature rich e-commerce website as well.
- WordPress is based on PHP and MySQL. So, you can easily host it on any apache server. Such servers are relatively inexpensive and very powerful.
- Due to huge market share of WordPress, it has a large number of designers and developers as well. So, you can get brilliant developers at low cost.
I hope this tutorial was useful for you. If you have any questions or problems related to WordPress, please comment it below. I’ll be glad to help you in any problem related to WordPress.
We have a long series of the tutorial coming up. So, keep following WPCounsel.